History@Work is a Melbourne based consultancy providing meaningful history for audiences and clients.
Emma Russell, Principal Historian, has spent many years exploring myriad forms of history-telling with an eye for quality and enrichment. Since 1997 this work has included:
- A strong focus on medical and scientific history, and on oral history
- Published histories, memoirs, walks, pamphlets and commemorations
- Digital histories and web-based timelines
- Interpretive history panels, plaques and exhibitions
- Archival work, editing, journal and magazine articles
- Cultural heritage significance assessments
- Heritage and expert witness reports
- Panel membership for many Heritage Council of Victoria permit appeals or registration hearings
You can read about this work here.
We work hard to fulfil our clients' expectations and are proud of our efforts for them. We also strive to:
- Inspire an engagement with, and an understanding of, your community; and
- Assist you to make meaningful and constructive use of your history and cultural heritage
History@Work's clients include:
✓ Individuals ✓ Families ✓ Professional organisations ✓ Community groups ✓ Institutions
We also collaborate with like-minded Associates and have a network of colleagues for:
✓ Digital work ✓ Photography ✓ Publishing ✓ Exhibitions ✓ Archives ✓ Editing
Please explore our website and we hope you will learn as much about the art and craft of history as you do about how we can help you with your own history.
Please get in contact if you'd like to discuss a history, heritage or story-telling project.